Did you know that 70% of RA patients are not achieving clinical remission?
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is about more than pain. Even when you’re not experiencing symptoms, you might be wondering when another flare-up will happen and when to bring this up to your rheumatologist. If you’re planning your day around flare-ups or suffering through even minor disruptions, your RA may be too loud.
Our purpose is simple – we want to help you get your voice heard. Many people like you suffer in silence with their RA symptoms. But as part of our community, you have the power to facilitate change.
We can help you simplify your conversations with your doctor, so that you’re on the same page about your treatment – or to simply understand rheumatoid arthritis better.
Within this free webinar you’ll find information on what may be possible when you speak out. Learn how to discuss your concerns, treatment goals and symptoms to kick-start your journey towards a better treatment plan with RA. Discover how to rethink your RA, be inspired by people like you and access helpful guides.
Join a panel of RA advocates, clinicians and researchers as we Talk Over RA. Limited space is available for registrants.
When? Wednesday September 28th 2022 – 11am PST, 2pm EST, 7pm -9pm in the UK
Space? 500 Registrants
Cost? Free but registration is required with limited space of 500 in attendance.
Registration Link? Register here
During the webinar you will hear from a panel of Canadian rheumatoid arthritis experts:
Patient Experts living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Eileen Davidson – Chronic Eileen
- Lene Andersen – The Seated View
- Cristina Montoya – The Arthritis Dietitian
Arthritis Researchers and Clinicians from Arthritis Research Canada
- Dr. Antonio Avina -Zubieta – Rheumatologist, Senior Scientist with Arthritis Research Canada Associate Professor of Medicine and Head, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Linda Li – Physiotherapist, Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, Harold Robinson / Arthritis Society Chair in Arthritic Diseases, Canada Research Chair, Patient-oriented Knowledge Translation
- Dr. Catherine Backman – Occupational Therapist, Professor, Department of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, Affiliated Researcher, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute
- Dr. Susan Bartlett – Psychologist, Professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Senior Scientist, Research Institute, McGill University Health Centre
The webinar is supported by International Foundation for AiArthritis
What we will discuss:
- What is remission?
- What does remission look like?
- What can prevent someone from remission?
- How does sleep, physical activity, mental health and comorbidities impact RA?
- How can tracking your symptoms and physical activity benefit your RA?
- How can you have a more meaningful conversation with your rheumatologist and other health care providers on your team?
Please note that this webinar will be 2 hours in length but will include movement breaks.
The webinar be recorded and uploaded to Youtube. Once registered you will receive an email notification of it’s publication. A blog post of key points in the discussion will also be sent to you so you can relax while watching without worrying that brain fog will make you forget important information, hurt your hands taking notes or if you feel unwell and need to leave early. We have you covered and will try to make the event as accessible as we can.
This event sponsored by Talk Over RA and however not about any pharmaceutical brand. The event is created by patients for patients, caregivers, researchers and clinicians or anyone wanting to know more about rheumatoid arthritis. This discussion is not about any drug in particular but effectively treating rheumatoid arthritis.
While the event has Canadian experts and is about rheumatoid arthritis it is not limited only to Canadians and the information provided will be beneficial to anyone living with any form of inflammatory or autoimmune arthritis.
Now is your opportunity to help drown out RA with your own voice, and, with your doctor, come up with a plan to help you reach your treatment goals. Register now!
Talk Over RA Discussion guide is designed to help you have more meaningful conversations with your doctor, and ways to share your experiences.
One individual attending will win a gift bag of RA friendly products and services! Winner must attend webinar and will be drawn during the Q&A portion of the meeting.